Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Egg noodles and veggies

What's in it: Boiled egg, carrots, egg noodle pasta with broccoli, mushrooms and onions with cheese flowers.

Well, the new supplies kind of intimidated me. So yesterday I went and attempted to buy general food supplies, since I'm between grocery shopping trips. I didn't get most of what I wanted (ew, expensive pre-Spring 'sales'), so I will try that again today. I had all the right intentions of waking up extra early and making some rice. But I got caught up in one of those dreams that are just too good to miss. (In case you were wondering, it included dinosaurs and epic battling... sigh, I'm just a big kid.)

So since I got ready relatively late, I decided to pack leftovers, but I just HAD to use the cutters. And oh my goodness, I love them! So fun, so easy to use. The cheese was slightly hard to punch out without breaking them, but overall, I think they might very well be my favorite purchased item.

I wanted to make a rainy day bento, since today it will be raining cats, dogs, cattle, dragons and meteorites, with green beans and rice and cheese clouds, but couldnt find affordable edible-looking beans.

I also take back what I said about the size of the boxes. They might be small, but they are kind of deep, so they hold a decent amount of food. This lunch was thrown together in less than 15min. I was being coy about not wanting to use all of the pretty supplies in front of my roommates. Yet, anyway. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. Enjoy using all of your new supplies and let the roommates be jealous. Maybe all of you can make bento and share.

    ReplyDelete